Intellectual Property Policy
Please note that our Website Policies are currently being translated into other languages and will be available soon. However, this English version is the primary and official version of our Website Policies, and versions in other languages are for reference only and not considered primary versions.
Jose Art Gallery takes the protection of the intellectual property rights of artists and authors seriously. We support intellectual property laws and regulations and ask our users and visitors to respect them similarly and avoid infringing them.
Jose Art Gallery’s Role
Jose Art Gallery is a platform that provides an online marketplace for Sellers of original artwork and handicrafts. We do not manufacture or stock the Goods for which the Seller is responsible for shipping. Sellers themselves upload the listing of their Goods to the Website and are liable for the description, availability, shipping and legality thereof while fulfilling their obligations as a seller.
Prints, souvenirs and digital goods are sold by Jose Art Gallery at its printing house, under a license from the original art sellers.
Content added by independent sellers to the Website is not affiliated with Jose Art Gallery, and sellers are solely responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary rights to their content and do not infringe the rights of third parties when publishing it.
Jose Art Gallery does not provide legal advice on intellectual property matters and does not make legal rulings on copyright infringement matters. In the event of an infringement or alleged infringement of the rights of copyright holders, Jose Art Gallery will take steps to stop illegal actions against the Website User or other Account holder.
How to File a Copyright Infringement Claim
Pacific Settlement of Disputes
We want to draw your attention to the fact that most intellectual property infringement disputes, based on our experience, are quickly and effectively settled by directly contacting the author or user who published the content to notify them of their rights and ask them to stop copyright infringement. More often than not, the artist or other users will respond within 48 hours.
To do so, you will need to find the “Send message” button in the seller’s profile or on the Goods page. Explain the issue and attach the URL of the image.
If this procedure is not successful, or you do not want to contact the user directly — you can refer to a standard procedure used in such cases.
Please note! If you are unsure whether a material is an infringing one, please consult a lawyer before submitting a suspicious notice to Jose Art Gallery. Fraudulent or abusive notices, misuse of Jose Art Gallery’s Intellectual Property Policy may result in termination of your account or other legal consequences. You may also be liable for damages such as legal costs and attorneys’ fees.
If you believe that our site has infringed intellectual property rights, we ask that you send Jose Art Gallery a notice of such infringement to email@example.com.
We will respond to such notices and take appropriate action.
Alternatively, a notice of alleged copyright infringement may be sent to our agent at the following address:
Jose Art Gallery GmbH
2351, Wiener Neudorf
Please address the notice of alleged copyright infringement to the Jose Art Gallery copyright agent listed above. Give us as much detail as possible to assist us in determining the facts or circumstances of the copyright infringement.
Submitting and Reviewing a Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement
For a prompt, consistent and impartial review of a Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement (Notice), the following steps must be observed and taken.
While creating a Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement, please:
- Provide your personal data and contact details such as your full name or company title, email address and/or telephone number.
- If you are an authorized representative of the author of the infringed copyrighted item, in addition to fulfilling the preceding clauses, identify any representation by virtue of which you represent the author or are authorized to act on their behalf, and provide supporting documentation.
- Indicate the specific infringed subject matter to your knowledge.
- Add a link, by clicking on it, we will be able to find the web page, the place where the object, which according to your data, is infringing, is located. If it is not possible to add a link, please specify a URL (a unique web address registered in a unified addressing scheme) or provide other clear and sufficient information about the place on our website. If insufficient information is provided, we may not consider your Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement.
- Provide full details of the copyrighted item (in other words, the original work). Such information shall include: the title of the object, the details of the author, the location of the object, the URL of the website hosting object or its other location, etc.
- Write your full name and sign the Notice using your handwritten signature or your electronic signature in order to sign your Notice.
If your Notice does not meet the requirements set out above, Jose Art Gallery shall be entitled to refuse to comply with your claim.
By signing and submitting your Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement to us, you automatically agree and acknowledge that:
- You know for a fact that there is no permission from the author or their authorised person to use the copyrighted item you have specified in the Notice;
- You confirm that all information provided by you is true, correct and accurate;
- You accept full responsibility for any infringement of any third party’s rights due to your providing false information, including through negligence or ignorance, and undertake to indemnify all losses caused by such Notice and its consequences, and to compensate third parties for non-pecuniary damage, if any.
As a result of reviewing your Notice, Jose Art Gallery shall, in its sole discretion, take one or more of the following actions:
- blocking the items specified in the Notice, inform their supplier of your Notice, and offering to provide a counterclaim and proof of the legality of the use of such items within three days;
- deleting the items specified in the Notice, while informing you and the supplier of the items thereon;
- deleting the supplier’s account on the Jose Art Gallery website.
Where Jose Art Gallery requests or removes objects and/or the supplier’s account, the supplier may send Jose Art Gallery a reasoned counterclaim, which shall include:
- full name or company title, email address and/or telephone number;
- information on the deleted file;
- evidence of the supplier’s right to use the deleted file.
As a result of the review of the counterclaim, Jose Art Gallery shall, in its sole discretion, take one or more of the following actions:
- restoring the disputed items;
- restoring the supplier’s account;
- rejecting the counterclaim.
Jose Art Gallery will notify you and the supplier of the outcome of the review of the counterclaim. If both parties agree, Jose Art Gallery may provide one party with the other’s contact details to settle the dispute.